[OSM-talk] iD Editor live on OpenStreetMap

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Tue May 14 10:43:39 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013, Dave F. wrote:
> Using the end user's inconvenience to strong arm/embarrass the likes of
> Mozilla into making changes is not the way to design software. This
> should have been sorted out in Beta, or, as it appears to be a well
> known problem - Alpha.

We would be alpha all the way into 2016 then.

Really, we've been told that HTML5 & SVG are taking over vector graphics for the web for nearly 5 years now. There are still painful holes in the implementations. Without things like iD driving things forward browser vendors will have little reason to improve the situation.

There's a limit to how long we can sit back and ooh and aah at new browser developments without ever actually daring to use them.

robert.