[OSM-talk] iD Editor live on OpenStreetMap

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed May 15 11:51:04 UTC 2013

On 14/05/2013 21:05, Mikel Maron wrote:
> Um, yea, I'm going to start moderating individuals. I'm sure github is
> there for any further technical bug reports.
Off topic:
I'm extremely surprised & partially annoyed by your attempt at sudden
censure. Lots of threads have been much more vitriolic & gone much
further off course than this one. It's appears some are embarrassed
about the situation with ID & want to sweep it under the carpet.
Ironic of Kathleen to tell others to stop commenting, yet can't
resisting putting her own put of view.

Back on topic:
ID was created to encourage new users to easily edit & specifically to
continue to edit. The FF situation will not promote that. I feel the
same about github - yet another password restricted site to sign upto.
It puts people off. This forum is the best place to discuss any OSM
subject, but specifically for the new editor to find out if things are
actual bugs or a misunderstanding by the end user.

Is there any initial data on new ID users behaviour? Are repeat editing
or a one-off just adding their house/local shop etc?

Cheers
Dave F.