[OSM-talk] iD, relevant tag suggestions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 18 15:50:02 UTC 2013

There are some minor issues with what appears as tag suggestions on
objects. E.g. I edited a (already quite detailed) hotel and the suggested
tags were elevation, wikipedia, note and wheelchair. I think very few
hotels have an elevation tagged, ele is generally a complicated thing to
tag (you have to understand the relevant reference system(s) to get it
right, and the most interesting information in conjunction with a building
is obtained only in combination with height) so I'd suggest to remove ele
in this case in favor of other more useful tags (e.g.  stars
/ award:hotelstars, email, internet_access, ...).

How are these tag suggestions created? Is there a way to propose the
addition of other relevant tag suggestions, or are these created completely
automatically?

Cheers,
Martin