[OSM-talk] iD, exclusive use of tags

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 23 13:17:56 UTC 2013

I just discovered that iD presumes that some tags are exclusive, e.g. you
can't add (at least not via preset) on the same way (line) more than one of
these tags: highway, railway, power but afaik it is common practice to use
railway=tram on the same way as highway=* (in certain circumstances).

Right now when you click on "other" in this menu, the other tag that is
considered "principal" by iD gets silently removed (e.g. if you click on a
highway on "other", the highway-tag is removed).

I'd consider both of these bugs, but would like to open a discussion what
others think about "exclusive" tags.

cheers,
Martin

PS: Even if this might look like, I don't want to "bash" iD, I think it is
a great piece of software, it simply needs some fine tuning.