[OSM-talk] Use of terms similar to "GEOCODE"

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu May 23 13:35:04 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-23 15:10, Simon Poole wrote:
> Maarten, there is no need to start the discussion at square one again.
> We did what our counsel recommended in February as reported then (so
> you
> can safely assume that counsel saw a certain potential for trouble in
> such usage). The list they provided is simply to illustrate usage that
> is unproblematic.

That's why I ask. I certainly do not want to start the discussion about
the removal again, but some specific steps were taken and counsel did
not see it fit to give that an example that usage of such links is
unproblematic. I find that strange and almost a sign that the usage of
GEOCODE in URLs _is_ problematic (however unlikely I find that, but
IANAL).

Nevertheless, I take your answer as an "there is no problem entering a
URL with the word GEOCODE into the OSM wiki" because that is what I
would have liked to hear. Do correct me if I understand it wrong.

Regards,
Maarten