[OSM-talk] Densely Mapped Areas

Sob Willy-Franck sobzeros at yahoo.fr
Fri May 24 15:37:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

Ben and Pieren thank you for bringing some details already.

I just want to provide some information on the map of Yaounde.My graduation project is to implement a mapping portal of Cameroon, accessible to all based on OSM.

More than just a portal, the project aims to use OSM as urban management tools.

what is already done:
- From 2010 to 2012, I did some field missions (mainly in Yaoundé)
- July-August 2012 with a group of 4 students we educate local students on the osm  project
- This year from March 11 to April 8, with the support of EUROSHA Cameroon, Cameroon OSM community has been launched.
- We conducted a conference and some training in JOSM
-
 I furrowed some streets of the capital and other cities in Cameroon
(Limbe, Bertoua, Buea) with video system board (GPS + Camera). This
permit direct measurement of the coordinates (x, y, z) on images with a
centimeter accuracy.
- We have received permission to import some public data in OSM (forest roads, student projects) (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GeoCameroun)
- The scripts to generate OSM files (Ogr2Osm, OSGeo4W ...)
- A dedicated account for imports (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/GeoCameroun)

 What remains to be done:
-
 Finish the project documentation on the wiki OSM (I will finish it as
soon as possible, I just have other more pressing issues for the moment)
- finish the discussion with the local community on the national data to import.
- my internship report will naturally be public.
Do not hesitate to contact me for any information about the project (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/sobzeros)

Video of the working visit to Cameroon :  http://youtu.be/saFsT558Xbo

me:
- Willy Franck SOB osm account: sobzeros
Student E.S.G.T (Engineering School of Land Surveying) France.
OSM member France, President of OSM Cameroon

company:
- SOGEFI (http://www.sogefi-sig.com) osm account: SOGEFI
Geomatics company  and member of OSM France

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Cameroon

 Sincerely,