[OSM-talk] Who interprets semicolon in tag values?

John Firebaugh john.firebaugh at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:39:22 UTC 2013

iD interprets semicolon-delimited tag values specially for purposes of
merging tags, for example when joining two adjacent streets. It splits on
semicolon and optional whitespace, and then takes the union of the
resulting sets of values:

https://github.com/systemed/iD/blob/f02df04102e8da4561e66fa7887e9683d582c222/test/spec/core/entity.js#L100-L120