[OSM-talk] Admin boundaries - data consumers

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 15:25:35 UTC 2013

Hi All,

A few days ago there was a thread about the pros/cons of moving admin
boundaries to a new database. I'm not going to give my opinion on this as
the thread has now fizzled out, but I will suggest that decisions like this
should involve as many of our end data users as possible (we have moved
beyond a small isolated project).

One such user is mySoicety. Check out the video of their MapIt Global talk
at http://lanyrd.com/2013/sotm/scpkhg/ to see how they use boundaries from
OSM.

Perhaps some way of tracking our data consumers would be useful. Or maybe
we need a way for them to say which tags they are interested in so that
they can receive mail just about these.

Regards,
Rob