[OSM-talk] Fwd: Upcoming changes to OpenStreetMap.org website

André Riedel riedel.andre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:52:31 UTC 2013

How often is it used? In my opinion newbies think you could export a
vector image. Then they find out it is only a xml file with (for the
first moment) useless content. I would calll me a long time
contributor and never had the need of an xml-export at the front page.

If we want to promote this, we need a description page with links to
the planet file, country excerpts, small exports (from the osm-server)
and to larger exports via the overpass API or overpass turbo page.

André