[OSM-talk] Upcoming changes - a reply to your feedback

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Nov 16 14:25:22 UTC 2013

On 16/11/13 13:56, Dave F. wrote:

> I realise I'm late to the party, but I think the Help should be a pop
> down menu instead of going directly to a separate page & include the
> About page in that pop down.

Well the intention is that the help page will be fleshed out with a lot
more information in due course - more than would fit in a popup.

> The GPS traces button should display the users traces, instead of All
> traces. Does anybody have a use for this disparate list?

This PR is mostly about exactly what the title says - redesigning what
we have. It is generally not about adding new features or changing what
things we already have do. Those are things that can be addressed later.

> Are there any plans to introduce the OWL History into the main map? When
> it works it's much more helpful than the current one. Would its
> stability be increased by running it on the OSM servers?

There have been plans to do this ever since it was created. As soon as
the people maintaining and running OWL have something stable for us to
use it will happen.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)