[OSM-talk] Coastline updates

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed Nov 20 21:49:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 06:53:15PM +0100, malenki wrote:
> Jochen Topf wrote:
>
> >I have now changed the coastline update process from "once a day" to
> >"once every 4 hours". This means updates show up quicker in the OSM
> >Inspector at http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=coastline .
>
> Some mappers still break the coastlines faster than you check them. I
> looked at a lot of the 4h-updates of your inspector and there was
> always an error.

I have seen the same thing. :-(

> BTW it seems that the inspector doesn't show icons on errors in the
> lowest zoomlevel (experienced with Firefox and Opera).

Works for me. What you are seeing might be due to a different known bug
with OSMI: If the 180° line is in the view, it doesn't show the overlay
at all. Of course this happens more often in lower zoom levels, because
the chances are greater that the 180° line is inside your window. Try
moving the map around or making your window smaller.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298