[OSM-talk] Administrative boundaries export

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:43:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM, César Martínez Izquierdo <
cesar.izq at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eugene, I am also interested on your proposal to store on Wikidata a
> table/database similar to the one described on 1, so any further details on
> available infrastructure, technologies in use, work already done, etc are
> welcome.

Hi César, you can look at this Wikidata page for the German state of
Baden-Württemberg as an example: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q985

It currently contains interesting properties and relationships that may be
what we need. Some interesting properties/relations are (especially the OSM
one):

country=Germany
capital=Stuttgart
type of administrative division=state of Germany
ISO 3166-2=DE-BW
GND identifier=4004176-1
contains administrative division=Regierungsbezirk Freiburg,
Regierungsbezirk Karlsruhe, Regierungsbezirk Stuttgart, Regierungsbezirk
Tübingen
is in the administrative unit=Germany
OpenStreetMap Relation ID=62611