[OSM-talk] Overpass or XAPI API servers for 60, 000 node queries?

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 6 17:35:15 UTC 2013

I ran your query on my server and it completed in 90 seconds, even
though another big query was already running. True, I do use an SSD for
the database, so it is very fast. However, it proved that there is
nothing in your query that gives Overpass indigestion.

The public servers do run a fairness algorithm to prevent big queries
from shutting out others. You might try reducing your timeout value as
asking for such a long time will likely get the request bounced.