[OSM-talk] Deprecated tag status

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Wed Oct 9 15:38:04 UTC 2013

I don’t know why it should be deprecated as it is still majorly in use. The reasons for changing the tagging aren’t good enough. There’s no need to black list a tag due to some things being mistagged. It would be much better to keep the old one and improving the tagging of all the current objects that aren’t tagged correctly. Adding more details to a tag doesn’t require black listing it either.

Shaun