[OSM-talk] Timezones (was: Deleting data)

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 21 11:29:59 UTC 2013

Another popular view is that these are problems for the renderer/editor,
not intrinsic issues with the data. <sarcasm>Tag as you see fit and the
renderers/editors will catch up!</sarcasm> The fact that coastlines are
difficult to maintain with the current toolset is not an argument to not
have them in OSM.

Back on topic: how do you phrase an objective rule, or at least
well-worded guidelines, which allow admin boundaries but disallow time
zone boundaries? I wonder where the UK ceremonial counties, fire
department areas, national parks etc will end up. My point is, gut
feelings aside, that it is not reasonable to single out TZ boundaries
for this deprecation.

Colin