[OSM-talk] Mapping of multiple-lane toll areas

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:37:36 UTC 2013

2013/10/23 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> I will not reply on the question if tagging lanes is correct or not in
> this example. But I can say that tagging each lane with
> "highway=motorway" + "lanes=1" is incorrect and seems to be "tagging
> for the renderer" (just to show the toll on mapnik)

I agree that it is incorrect how it is done in this particular case, but
only because the ways extend too far beyond the physical separation. There
(c/sh)ould be distinct ways around the toll booth (before and shortly
after) as there are indeed physical separations in this area, so in a
detailed map they should be mapped as ways on their own.

cheers,
Martin