[OSM-talk] MapBBCode library and MapBBCode Share website

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Thu Oct 31 20:15:27 UTC 2013

Hi! Today I am releasing the first version of MapBBCode JavaScript
library. It allows for easy integration of maps into forums, blogs and
other web engines. All you have to do is write a simple plugin employing
the library :) There are examples and extensive documentation. Sadly,
FluxBB (forum.osm.org engine) is not on my to do list — but maybe
someone has time for it. The official site for the library is
http://mapbbcode.org .

Also I am proud to present the map sharing site,
http://share.mapbbcode.org . It showcases the library and is great for
quick creation of maps, converting between formats and collaborative
editing (though there is no versioning). It doesn't require any
registration, there are no splash screens and no branding: just open,
edit, save, share. And it works in IE8!

A longer announcement with screenshots is at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Zverik/diary/20291

Source code for everything I made for this project is published on
github under WTFPL: https://github.com/MapBBCode

IZ