[OSM-talk] MapBBCode library and MapBBCode Share website

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Thu Oct 31 22:33:06 UTC 2013

This looks fantastic Ilya, I'm interested in seeing if I can contribute
to a WordPress plugin.

Not written WP plugins before but they have a nice guide and I might be
able to muddle through it, any other out there interested in
contributing to it?

--Jóhannes

Þann 31.10.2013 20:15, skrifaði Ilya Zverev:
> Hi! Today I am releasing the first version of MapBBCode JavaScript
> library. It allows for easy integration of maps into forums, blogs and
> other web engines. All you have to do is write a simple plugin
> employing the library :) There are examples and extensive
> documentation. Sadly, FluxBB (forum.osm.org engine) is not on my to do
> list — but maybe someone has time for it. The official site for the
> library is http://mapbbcode.org .
>
> Also I am proud to present the map sharing site,
> http://share.mapbbcode.org . It showcases the library and is great for
> quick creation of maps, converting between formats and collaborative
> editing (though there is no versioning). It doesn't require any
> registration, there are no splash screens and no branding: just open,
> edit, save, share. And it works in IE8!
>
> A longer announcement with screenshots is at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Zverik/diary/20291
>
> Source code for everything I made for this project is published on
> github under WTFPL: https://github.com/MapBBCode
>

> IZ

---