[OSM-talk] osm2pgsql multipolygon parsing

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Sun Sep 22 10:09:05 UTC 2013

On 22/09/2013 10:03, yvecai wrote:

> Of course, it should be accompagnied with a large campaign of
> multi-polygons fix.

... and a patch to any editors that don't create multipolygons in this
format.  For example, here are three attempts at multipolygons in iD, P2
and JOSM:

http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/53.2692/-0.2806&layers=D

(you may need to turn the data layer on manually to see the them)

The left-hand one was me trying to create one in iD (I've not worked out
how to do that yet).  The middle one is P2, and the right-hand one is JOSM.

You'll notice that the right-hand one doesn't render in P2 despite being
the arguably the more logically-tagged.  I suspect that this is and has
been for some time a "patches welcome" type of situation.

Cheers,

Andy