[OSM-talk] Who interprets semicolon in tag values?

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Sep 24 11:39:57 UTC 2013

On 24 Sep 2013, at 10:55, Elena ``of Valhalla'' <elena.valhalla at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-24 at 09:31:09 +0000, Philip Barnes wrote:
>> Bank and ATM are more or less synonymous these days, I cannot think of a bank without an ATM. The interesting ATM tags are the ones that are not at a bank.
>
> it's not true everywhere in the world: at least in italy there
> are small banks with no (external) ATM, where you have to enter
> the bank (in the usually short opening hours), go to the counter
> and then you can get money (using your debit card).

I have come across banks in the UK without an external ATM. The way I map an ATM at a bank is to use the tag amenity=bank;atm=yes. I have for a big store, put a node on the building outline and put amenity=atm on that node so that you know where on the building edge there is an ATM. Thus similar to building entrance mapping.

Shaun