[OSM-talk] Level0 OpenStreetMap Editor

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Fri Apr 4 06:30:55 UTC 2014

Hi! I'm quite proud to announce a new OSM editor, Level0:
http://level0.osmz.ru

It is a web-based, text-only editor, a bit like RawEdit, but with more
features and without scary XML. Basically, you are editing easy to
understand lines like "way 123123" with tags written like
"highway=primary". There is a map for positioning of nodes, which allows
for creating new POIs, and it can edit multiple objects at once.

The editor might be useful not only for mass-editing of tags or updating
some POIs, but also as a learning tool for beginners, which makes
understanding OSM data model easier. Also I expect it to replace RawEdit
everywhere.

There is a description on wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Level0
Language is also described there: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Level0L
Source is published on GitHub: https://github.com/zverik/level0

And I'll be happy to see it translated into more languages on Transifex:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/level0/

IZ