[OSM-talk] OSM Semantic Plugin - A new JOSM's plugin to enhance contributor experience

Arnaud Vandecasteele arnaud.sig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:54:02 UTC 2014

Dear OSM contributors,

A friendly reminder about this new JOSM plugin called OSM Semantic [1].
If you didn't test it yet, it would be nice for me to hear your
feedbacks [2].
The plugin aims to both provide a better user experience and enhance the
quality of OSM data by helping users discover new tags relevant for the
objects being edited.

This plugin is part of a research project led by Memorial University,
Canada. The study involves tests of the plugin by the user community
(you!) followed by a quick feedback.
The plugin and the tests will be reported in a chapter of a forthcoming
book titled "OpenStreetMap in GIScience: Experiences, Research,
Applications" [3].

It would be great if you could spend a few minutes to test this plugin
and report on your experience.
You can easily add the plugin to the interface by enabling it through
the JOSM preferences
Edit -> Preferences -> Plugin : Search: Semantic

At the end of your test, please spend a few minutes filling the very
short questionnaire to report on your experience with the plugin [2].
The link to the questionnaire is also displayed on the plugin interface.

Thank you and don’t hesitate to email me directly if you have questions.
The more people will do this, the best it will be for our study.

Arnaud Vandecasteele

[1]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/OSMantic
[2]https://sites.google.com/site/osmanticjosm/
[3]
http://k1z.blog.uni-heidelberg.de/2013/11/19/call-for-chapter-proposal-submission-on-openstreetmap-in-giscience-experiences-research-applications/

Arnaud Vandecasteele
SIG - WebMapping - Spatial Ontology - GeoCollaboration

Web Site
http://geotribu.net/