[OSM-talk] No new information on the SOTM since January 2014

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 21:59:53 UTC 2014

>SOTM EU and US, combined with the OSMF focus on being more of a
theoretical body have reduced the profit and motivation in doing a SOTM to
approximately zero. I hope it still happens, but I'd be >surprised.

>It might be better to run a SOTM South America, or something.
>
>Steve

"OSMF organised conferences (State Of The Map) should continue to be at
least self-financing."
http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_Minutes_2013-12-10

As long as this continues then I see no reason to believe that SOTM will
stop (especially this years which has already been confirmed to be held in
Buenos Aires):
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2014/01/12/buenos-aires-hosts-sotm14/

Hold tight, these things take time to organise. If you are able to help,
then get in touch with Henk who will appreciate the help.

Rob