[OSM-talk] "local chapter" DWG

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:56:54 UTC 2014

On 14/04/2014, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> And if there are specific trusted members of the community there who
> have this much spare time to work on DWG issues, they should volunteer
> for the DWG.
>
> AFAIK neither have you asked for anything, nor have any new volunteers
> stepped forth for consideration.

I'll hazard a guess that the OP felt intimidated at the idea of
becoming an actual DWG. Maybe the process of becoming one, and the
associated duties and powers are not clear enough ? I assume that DWG
members are free to focus on a particular area of the world, but that
any other requirements would be the same for a local member as for a
global one ?