[OSM-talk] Early History of OSM

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Aug 4 16:27:47 UTC 2014

I'm looking for some images of early OSM maps. Thanks to Martijn Exel, we
have http://mvexel.github.io/thenandnow/#10/52.2644/5.2899, the Then and
Now from 2007 to current. But I'd really like some images of the very
earliest OSM maps.

As many others are doing, Seattle is holding an anniversary celebration
with speakers, pizza and cake. Right now we have over 50 people signed up
to attend. Many new to OSM. I'd like to give a sense of what it was like 10
years ago. The wiki has timelines, which I plan to use, but I couldn't find
any images. Steve C told me he doesn't keep any, so I'm throwing a wide net
to the community for help. If you can supply some images, please give me a
frame of reference to what the images shows and when.

Once I get a breather, I will add the images to the wiki to help with the
history of the project.

Thanks,
Clifford

--