[OSM-talk] OSM risk assessment models

Vivien Deparday vivien.deparday at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:21:17 UTC 2014

Hi Douglas,

You should have a look at InaSAFE ( http://inasafe.org ). It is all open
source, it is a plugin for QGIS, you can install it directly from the
plugin repository. The plugin actually include an OSM downloader that makes
it easy to use OSM data directly but you can also use the tool with any
other data source. There is also a lot of documentation including training
material on the website. Technically, it is not a risk assessment tool (in
the probabilistic sense) but more of an impact/scenario assessment tool as
you can look at specific scenarios/events one by one. It should be very
useful to do some visualization, help with contingency planning,
preparedness, damage assessment, etc...

Let us know on the inasafe mailing list if you need some help getting
started or if you have question ( inasafe-users at googlegroups.com),

Best,

Vivien