[OSM-talk] Detrimental to the OSM database

Andreas Vilén andreas.vilen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 02:34:19 UTC 2014

I can see both places clearly in Bing imagery...

Armchair mapping exists and in most cases it improves the map. If you want
to complain about armchair mapping in general, I think it's wrong to attack
someone who's trying to improve the map in an unorthodox way.

Of course people need to actually check the data they add, but as long as
there is aerial imagery and there's no reason to doubt it, I see nothing
bad in editing in areas you're not familiar with. If we didn't do this, the
map would be much less complete than what it is today.

/Andreas