[OSM-talk] Adding Wikidata tags to 70k items automatically

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:49:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>> OK - not sure how that's a benefit to OSM as such, though
>> I'm sure people could do "useful unexpected things" with
>> those links.

> That's the point - the benefit is to OSM's users, whcih in turn
> benefits OSM in the same way any other enhancements does - making it
> more useful, attracting more contributors, etc.

Er, I'm an OSM user and I don't see any benefit for myself but I see
definitely benefits for wikipedians...
The example saying that missing translations could be then found in
wikidata is telling me the opposite : it will surely not call people
to contribute in OSM but rather directly in wikidata !

Pieren