[OSM-talk] Adding Wikidata tags to 70k items automatically

Archer arch3r at gulli.com
Sun Aug 31 20:25:23 UTC 2014

sorry, the right match for Q1639627 would be
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/433042

I've found some more examples for villages in the Czech Republic (I've
looked only randomly) if you need some more please let me know. In your
mismatch list there seem to be many german municipalities:
http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/mismatches.html

In my opinion this import is to early. Wikidata needs much consolidation
atm (many instance of missing, etc). We shouldn't rely on Wikipedia
categories for the import of Wikidata IDs. Those categories seem to be
problematic as they mix up for example villages and municipalities. There
may also be problems when the Wikipedia article describes two or more
objects (for example one article for the islands Langlütjen as I mentioned
before).