[OSM-talk] Adding Wikidata tags to 70k items automatically

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Aug 31 21:22:53 UTC 2014

On 31/08/14 20:59, Clifford Snow wrote:
> I say let's figure out how to do this import in a quality manner and
> make it easy for mappers to add the link from iD and JSOM.

But where do you stop. Wikipedia and wikidata are not the only sources
so if they get 'special treatment' then why not some of the other
similar archives? Now if every other archive simply included an OSM tag
... problem solved. But why should we get special treatment the other
way around? We just need a reliable way of identifying POI's that we can
all agree on and then lookup all data with filtering relevant to the
intended use.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL