[OSM-talk] Wiki - contact: Tag & Map Features

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Dec 19 21:02:38 UTC 2014

On 12/19/2014 3:47 PM, Dave F. wrote:
>  From memory the original claim was all 'contacts' could be filtered out
> in one go, but it was pointed out that post filtering would still need
> to be performed, and I'm no programming expert, but I was led to believe
> parsing a string like 'contact:email' is slow.

  In one go, there's this:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=contact .   As a programmer, I
would tend to be in the contact: camp.   As an OSM contributor, I have
since long sided with the non-contact: camp since the data consumers
have been very slow on the uptake of the contact: form  - if anyone is
even using it at all yet.