[OSM-talk] Power portal

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Feb 6 21:51:44 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I feel a bit disappointed with the power=portal tag, pretty widely used in
Germany for instance.

It seems to document start points of a power line in power substations.
Have a look :
http://www.power-technology.com/contractor_images/pauwels/4_Compact-substation.jpg

There are only 18 of them in France, I thought it would be better to don't
use it. I don't even know if it's the right English term.
Nevertheless the idea of considering portals instead of standard towers in
substations sounds good.

How do you feel about this ?

Many substations are moved from sub_station to substation, it's a great
occasion to check this out too.

Cheers.

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com