[OSM-talk] Summer of Code 2014

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:38:16 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

Kate and I are working on an application for OpenStreetMap to join the
Summer of Code again in 2014. We've participated for several years, and I'm
looking forward to a successful year.

Should we be accepted, we'll need some great ideas to attract the best
students. If you've got an idea for something that could be tackled by an
undergraduate student in a few months during the Summer, please head over
to the ideas page and add it:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2014/Project_Ideas

Again, if you have great ideas, please add them so we can get great
students.

If you're near a university, I encourage you to recruit for us. Students
will be paid to do great work, so track down your favorite students and
remind them to apply when student applications open up later this year.

Thanks! Feel free to send me an e-mail with questions,
Ian