[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap enhances user privacy

Peter Barth osm-talk at won2.de
Tue Feb 11 22:41:32 UTC 2014

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> Other operating systems doesn't really come into it - as far as I know
> there is no major browser that includes the cacert root certificate.

At least chrom{e,ium} and konqueror use the system certificates. This
works for me, but you're right, I had to import for firefox.

Just for reference: http://wiki.cacert.org/InclusionStatus

> Look I use cacert and I do have it installed, but the reality is that
> most people won't.

I'm afraid you're right. Stays the hope that some enthusiasts read these
mails and use and promote cacert from now on .. and once inclusion get's
better I'll be back!! ;)

Regards,
Peda