[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Feb 20 22:04:40 UTC 2014

Hi

There's a general consensus that attaching polygons to ways that
represent roads was a bad idea. For example if a farm field was mapped
this way then any barrier for it, such as hedge, gate etc, would appear
to be on the road as well.

I have a user who's repeatedly doing this.  I've tried sending messages,
but no reply & I gave a detailed description in my amending changesets,
but he just reverts them back.  Are there any wiki pages explaining it
clearly that might convince him otherwise?

Cheers
Dave F.

---