[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Feb 21 08:19:36 UTC 2014

Hi Frederik,
I agree - but only in parts.
If the other mapper shares nodes between the road and the field, and the
field is surrounded (and tagged as such) with a fence, so the field is
e.g. landuse=farmland, barrier=fence, then this is an error in the map
as it states that the fence is in the middle of the street or it's not
possible to decide where relative to the street the fence is.

In this case dividing them without adding new features IMHO is fixing a
bug in the map data, and joining a fence with a way along several nodes
in a line is an error - if not vandalism when doing it repeatingly while
igoring personal messages according to the same issue.

Nevertheless of course you're right: Changing the way of mapping without
adding value/improvement (!) is not okay.

regards
Peter