[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Feb 25 17:10:30 UTC 2014

This is the changeset: http://tinyurl.com/ndjzpkm

Notice in particular the attachment of the cemetery (that in reality has
a wall boundary) to the middle of a roundabout. As we increasing map to
a finer detail, especially in urban areas, His reversal to a 'blanket'
style coverage is a step backwards. My edits are based on visual survey
(bike ride) backed up with Bing imagery.

If someone could please revert this changeset I'd much appreciate it. I
would do it myself I'm not conversant with JOSM & it's reversal tool - I
don't wish to make matters worse.

Thanks
Dave F.

On 20/02/2014 22:12, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> What's the username? Changesets?
>
> - Serge
>

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com
> <mailto:davefox at madasafish.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     There's a general consensus that attaching polygons to ways that
>     represent roads was a bad idea. For example if a farm field was
>     mapped this way then any barrier for it, such as hedge, gate etc,
>     would appear to be on the road as well.
>
>     I have a user who's repeatedly doing this.  I've tried sending
>     messages, but no reply & I gave a detailed description in my
>     amending changesets, but he just reverts them back.  Are there any
>     wiki pages explaining it clearly that might convince him otherwise?
>
>     Cheers
>     Dave F.
>
>     ---
>     This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
>     Antivirus protection is active.

---