[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Feb 26 10:42:43 UTC 2014

On 26/02/2014 01:02, Mike Thompson wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice if the editors wouldn't allow polygon to connect
> to highways.
> The edges of some polygons are truly coincident with road centerlines.
> For example, many municipal boundaries.

I'm not convinced this is usually true. It maybe UK specific, but
municipal boundaries were more likely to originally be placed on
physical boundaries to farms & estates such as walls, fences etc. before
tracks/roads were developed. Roads subsequently evolved along those
boundaries afterwards.

It would be pretty silly to have a municiple boundary splitting the
centre of a road so different administrations were responsible for
maintaining the left & the right.

Dave F.

---