[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

hbogner hbogner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 13:50:53 UTC 2014

On 02/26/2014 12:11 PM, Dave F. wrote:
> On 26/02/2014 10:27, Pieren wrote:
>>> +1
>> omg. In the "real world", a highway is not a thin polyline...
>
> Yes, that why he's saying don't attach it to the centreline in the
> belief it's the edge.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Don't attach landuse and other real world
representing polygons to the road centerline. We should not attach
landuse=park,grass,cemetary,... to highway=road,primary,secundary, ...

Administrative borders are completely another case, they are MOSTLY
imaginary lines that divide world to political regions...