[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 27 21:43:10 UTC 2014

I suspect that part of the border line is based on rather old and
generalised information, most likely traced from the old "NPE" maps.
When I look at the recent boundary information from OS Boundary Line the
border is clearly to the east of the road, which would explain why the
road markings are bilingual.

I will update the boundary in OSM when I get a minute.

Colin

On 2014-02-27 19:19, Philip Barnes wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 10:28 -0600, John F. Eldredge wrote:
>
>> Part of the border of Davidson County in Tennessee, USA runs down the centerline of a road.
>
> The village of Llanymynech straddles the England (Shropshire)/Wales
> (Powis) border, the border runs up the middle of the main street (A483)
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/52.7811/-3.0902 [1]
>
> The bi-lingual Slow/Araf markers painted on the road suggest that Powis
> look after it.
>
> Phil (trigpoint)

Links:
------