[OSM-talk] good intro slidesets about OSM

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 16:12:54 UTC 2014

Have had a look around the wiki but can't find what I thought was there - a repository of slideshows folk had agreed to share. Have had this request from a lecturer at Oregon State University, which it is in project's interest to provide resources for:

"I am teaching an introductory map reading course this term and would like to introduce students to OSM. I am looking for introductory level Powerpoint-style slides about OSM ideas, concepts, architecture (database, rendering, tiles etc.) and how user contribute their own data (preferably by the example of the new iD editor). Do you know of any such freely available slides that I could use for lecturing one or two hours?"

Any links or offers gratefully received.

Can obviously point to these as well:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Beginners%27_guide
http://learnosm.org/en/

Cheers
Steve

Steve Chilton FSEDA, Learning Support Fellow
Educational Development Manager
Educational Development Unit
Middlesex University
phone: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk
Profile: http://www.middlesex.wikispaces.net/user/view/steve8

Chair of the Society of Cartographers: http://www.soc.org.uk/
Chair of ICA Neocartography Commission: http://neocartography.icaci.org/

Please note that Middlesex University's preferred way of receiving all correspondence is via email in line with our Environmental Policy. All incoming post to Middlesex University is opened and scanned by our digital document handler, CDS, and then emailed to the recipient.

If you do not want your correspondence to Middlesex University processed in this way please email the recipient directly. Parcels, couriered items and recorded delivery items will not be opened or scanned by CDS.  There are items which are "exceptions" which will be opened by CDS but will not be scanned a full list of these can be obtained by contacting the University.