[OSM-talk] NOTICE: Upcoming Maintenance - Some services will be down
openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Tue Jul 1 16:22:04 UTC 2014
On Saturday 5th of July 2014 between 09:00 and 19:00 (GMT / UTC) we
are moving our servers hosted by University College London to another
The following services WILL be affected:
* Search (nominatim.openstreetmap.org) will be unavailable. 
* Slower map updates / Reduced tile rendering capacity. (Yevaud outage)
* OSM Foundation websites and blog.openstreetmap.org will be unavailable.
* Taginfo (taginfo.openstreetmap.org) will be unavailable.
* Development Server (errol) will be unavailable.
* Some imagery services will be unavailable. (GPX Render, OS
Streetview, OOC, AGRI, CD:NGI aerial)
Other OpenStreetMap provided services should not be affected - all of
the following are expected to function normally:
* www.openstreetmap.org web site WILL allow edits as per normal (iD or
* API will allow map editing (using iD, JOSM, Merkaartor etc.)
* trac (bug-tracker)
* tile serving ("View The Map" & "Export")
* mailing lists
* subversion and git (source code repositories)
Technical: We are moving all the servers listed here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Servers#UCL_-_In_Use to a new UCL
data center. The current building is being closed soon for
refurbishment. The new data center has better server racks, power
feeds, cooling and faster networking.
 Searches through the website will still work - we will redirect
them to another nominatim instance temporarily.
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team.
More information about the talk