[OSM-talk] Drop rendering of permissive access?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:37:29 UTC 2014

> For me it was always clear that the standard access appearing on the map
> was meant for cars.

I'd say if a way was meant primarily for cars (primary, secondary,
tertiary, residential, unclassified, service) then render access for cars.
If it was meant primarily for pedestrians (footway, path, pedestrian, maybe
even track) then render access for foot.

And if we want to go wild, maybe in zoom 19 render a little sign with a
crossed over pedestrian on service roads if pedestrians aren't allowed, or
something like that.

Janko