[OSM-talk] Tablet, OpenStreetMap, navigator

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Mon Jul 14 13:53:45 UTC 2014

Kaare,
I had the same problem a few months ago, too many options, not enough recommendations!

I can personally  recommend OSMAnd for Android, which is very good. Moving map, route calculations and directions, can download maps to use offline, very customisable, many options. It's free, or there's a pro version for a few euros which I paid for as it's worth supporting.

Unfortunately there is no iOS version of OSMAnd, so I have Forevermap, which is actually OK - though I have much less experience of this - as I have only just found it.

Phil
From: Kaare Rasmussen <kaare at jasonic.dk>
Sent: 14 July 2014 07:42
To: Talk Openstreetmap
Subject: [OSM-talk] Tablet, OpenStreetMap, navigator

Hi All

I've tried and failed to find recent, up to date discussions or
information on the use of OpenStreetMap with a tablet as a navigator.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tablet_PC  is a rather outdated wiki
page about how to use a tablet to collect OSM data
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Android lists every application known
to man. I guess I'd like to find a shortlist of recommendations, or a
discussion of sorts.