[OSM-talk] Upcoming openstreetmap-carto changes

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Jul 25 12:41:22 UTC 2014

On 25/07/2014 13:21, Andy Street wrote:
> It's a public footpath i.e. private property over which the public has
> been granted a right of access (on foot). Since everything but
> pedestrian access is not permitted it therefore tagged as
> "access=private", "foot=yes".

This isn't Andy's example, but is a track near me that is part of a
long-distance trail

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/148162841

It's designated a public footpath and designated foot=yes.  It
disappears from the map completely at Z14

Yes, I can highlight the trail on sites such as this:

http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=14&lat=53.17307&lon=-1.03595&hill=0

but unfortunately this uses OSM "standard" tiles as the background, so
the trail is running across a blank map!

Cheers,

(a different) Andy