[OSM-talk] "Incorrect speed limit" anonymous notes - who is behind that?

Norbert Wenzel norbert.wenzel.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:29:38 UTC 2014

On 07/29/2014 01:43 AM, John Packer wrote:
> I'm from Brazil, and recently the community started reporting similar
> notes, though translated in portuguese, and with the same problems...
> Besides some obviously wrong values, there are some you can't even say
> where exactly they would apply to.

Are these notes only reporting speed limits or are there other traffic
related notes too? I've seen some "No x turn here" notes recently (in
German) at places far from the next crossing. I chose to close these
since there was no way of guessing what the anonymous reporter wanted to
say.

So your point about the note placement made me think if these notes also
were reports from some third party software, possibly the same.

Norbert