[OSM-talk] Using Notes in France

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Wed Jul 30 08:10:34 UTC 2014

Missing POIs are not obvious at all. I can't look at openstreetmap.org
and see "Oh there is a shop or pharmacy missing here".

In Germany those notes are very common and mappers usually gladly
impelent them. Usually it is also easy to confirm them with a qick
google search and some people even post a URL. (The last carto update
also made those mappers really happy, because we get a lot of notes for
stuff that is in the DB, but not shown on the map)

For addresses it depends. A lot of addresses missing in the area? I
agree no point in creating notes. A single address missing when
everything around is covered? Certaily valid to point that out.

> It just a bit arrongant or coming from people thinking that contributions have
> to be prioritized like street names before buildings, etc.

Considering I mainly use street names for navigation and to find stuff
on the map I don't see how it is arrogant. Dozen of houses missing in an
area usually does not make a big difference, a few street names missing
on the other hand are much more likely to result in a bad user experiance.