[OSM-talk] Less than two weeks until SOTM-EU

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sun Jun 1 15:57:12 UTC 2014

Hi

Am 31.05.2014 10:02, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> and we're
> still looking for a couple people to lend us a hand during the
> conference, details here:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_Europe_2014/Helpers

In particular are we still in need of Speaker Supports. As a Speaker
Supporter you're in the rooms during the breaks before the talks and
welcome the speakers. You'll ask how they'd like to present, test if
their notebook works with the recording/beamer setup, connect them to
the wireless microphone system, ask for their agreement to be recorded
and live-streamed and support them with whatever questions they have.
Sometimes you'll have to talk to the audience so they fill all seats
when the room gets full.

We're also still looking out for people helping with Video-Recording. We
decided to also record the Sunday-Workshops and have no helpers for that
day yet. The other Slots are already filled but a second person in the
room would be useful.

During the talks we need one person in each room, live-mixing the Video.
This is, selecting between different Video-Sources, choosing when to
show Slides and when to show the Speaker, regulating the loudness of the
different room microphones and adjusting the camera settings. You don't
need any special skills for that (JOSM is more complex ^^) and there are
always people around who can help you in case something goes wrong.
You'll get an introduction before your first task.

On *Friday 6th June starting at 20:00* we'll hold a Q&A Conference-Call
for those of you who have Questions or are unsure if they can or should
help us. See
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_Europe_2014/Helpers#Q.26A_Conference-Call>
for details.

The SOTM-EU will not happen without your help, so go to
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_Europe_2014/Helpers>
and enter your Name if we can count on you.

Regards, Peter