[OSM-talk] SOTM-EU 2014 visitors by car from outside of Germany: environment stickers

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jun 11 20:28:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 06/11/2014 11:37 AM, steggink at steggink.org wrote:
> For those who are coming by car to SOTM-EU 2014 in Karlsruhe, and
> especially for those who do not come from Germany, please be aware that
> in many cities you need an environmental sticker. See [1] for more
> information, and see [2] for a basic map. It also includes the
> conference area.

True, but a better map is of course

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/61348

If you didn't have a sticker and wanted to be 100% legal then you could
park just outside the zone and walk five minutes to the conference location.

Having said that, there's quite a number of cars on the roads here
without a green sticker and nobody seems to give a damn. Might be
different for foreign cars though.

> My experience is that at a TüV-office it is no problem to get a sticker
> for a foreign car.

Provided the car meets the environmental standards, which is generally a
non-issue for petrol cars but if you have a diesel that's older than
about 10 years or so, you might not be so lucky. My car required an EUR
2000 investment before I could sign up for a green sticker ;)

Bye
Frederik