[OSM-talk] Proposed repeated mechanical edit: Empty relations

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 16 21:01:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 06/16/2014 10:17 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
> I'm proposing a regular mechanical edit to remove relations over two
> days old with no tags, no members, and that are version 1.

I think you might be too conservative with the "version 1" requirement;
I think that you could probably drop any of these relations even if they
have higher version numbers.

It might be a bit out of scope for this iteration but you might also
want to consider, for a limited set of well-known relation types like
type=multipolygon and type=route, to drop those that don't have members.
It would be wrong to do that *generally* because I believe there is a
niche use case for relations with just tags and no members, but
certainly a multipolygon or route relation with no members makes little
sense.

Bye
Frederik